Sunday, November 21, 2004

A day in the maze

The day breaks with my mobile phone alarm ring,
And thus begins the wait for your touchdown,
While I brush my teeth, take a bath and chew my breakfast,
I paint your picture on the canvas of your thoughts,
Boarding and alighting Mumbai trains along with floods of humanity,
I lose my senses but do remember our talks before your take-off.
Dust laden and seat smitten I stare at my computer screen,
And the dark vi-editor vanishes to give way to your glowing image,
End of the office work sees me negotiate the labyrinthine streets,
But on my way back, I carry nothing more than the thoughts of yours.
Walking back to the railway station and all through the train journey,
The hope of your phone call seems like the saving grace for the day.
Sleepy dinner and drowsy talk shows on the television that veer pointlessly around,
Add intensity to the aching head, paining toes and moaning heart.
But then with the music of my phone that connects our souls and brings you to me,
My spirits swell boundless as I prepare to take on the world very next day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home