Monday, November 29, 2004

A Future Unmade - For Deloitte Impact Day - Against Child Labor

Walking down the busy lane on my way to office,
While gulping cheesy sandwich and sipping hot coffee,
I glanced inside the main gate of a primary school,
Bustling it was with life as was the street outside.
The bubbling energy of kids engrossed in their games,
And the joy of watching the young and curious souls,
Made me slow down my pace and stop at their playground.
Their boisterous laughter, innocent explanations of the world around,
And innovative ways to keep themselves happy at all times,
Made me envy them and think of my attitude to life and its problems.
I decided to proceed with my daily life and turned around,
Just then my eyes fell on a girl with a broom in her hand,
Wearing patched frock with broken buttons and walking clumsily,
With marks of struggle to survive already on her forehead,
Her face sullen and limbs fragile, she was to clean up the ground,
A life completely in contrast with those around her,
But similar only in respect that she was a child too.
A future unmade that she was for a present unsung,
A life unnoticed that she had in the maze of miseries,
Sacrificed was all for some food that she took home,
Will there be recourse for her is one of life’s big mysteries.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home