Wednesday, August 31, 2005

The First Snap


The first photograph that Supriya, now my wife, had given me! It still has the same utility as it had that time.......it makes me long for her so much. I can remember the road divider just outside the Lotus Pond in Jubillee Hills Hyderabad, where we sat, chatting, hand in hand. That was way back in the winters of 2001. Seems like ages now when I assess where and how we have reached to the stage of being husband and wife. This snap has given me company through all these days. When she had given me this photograph, and I had given mine in exchange, it was a kind of parting gift to each other. We had thought that we would never meet again. The differences in religion and culture seemed unsurmountable, and both of us were more or less convinced that our relationship was not going to work out. And besides the differences, as Supriya insisted, we had hardly known each other. I was not ready to buy that since we had been so close and we had felt so strongly about each other and that we were sitting in an isolated place cuddled together...in just our second meeting. We had something more than just two meetings to go for, there was something more than what was comprehensible, and I was certain about that. The common sense however indicated something contrasting. And we both decided to bow out.

But I knew that we would get back to each other. And how right I was. It took sometime and a lot of efforts from our sides ...which I plan to write a book about. Keep this blog bookmarked, you will find it here, someday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home