Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Dilbert and Santa Claus



Dilbert and Santa Claus could be strange bed fellows. But they were whom my bed seemed to accommodate. I am an ardent fan of Dilbert. May be because I look similar and have similar lifestyle. I identify with him and his ways seem like been-there-done-that to me. Scott Adams is a genius. Staying oceans apart, he could create my character. My sense of humor, or rather the absence of it, my engineering education, my cubicle dwelling, and the rest which I can not mention on the website for fear of life sucking tube attached to my abdomen, are all there. Sometimes I feel that I may have run out of his comic strip and have disguised in the other corner of the world lest Scott puts me into fearsome ordeals. D for Dilbert and D for Dipesh may not be too far fetched to be considered a point in the case. But due to such long race against Scott's imagination, I might have developed amnesia and hence, do not remember much about my origins. But as they say, you tend to sense what belongs to you. I have always loved Dilbert stories and have felt my necktie rising upward to kiss the knot. I have felt the same homely attachment to my cubicle and the same regal authority over my staples, eraser, sharpener and binders. I am the king of my desk and my chair, and somehow they resemble Dilbert's. Too many similarities to brush aside my faith of being an incarnation of Dilbert himself!

Hey, I was talking of Santa Claus too. Yup, I bought one Santa cap and bought gifts for myself, my bed, my chair and my tea pot. After the role play, I invited the cap to sleep with me. That was my appreciation of the need for constant support from Santa, without whom Dilbert would not have got all his wealth. Dilbert needs Santa and his gifts, and hence, I made them sleep together.

On a serious note, my wife is the Santa for me. The most precious gift herself, she keeps giving me nice presents. So in a way Dilbert and Santa are not so strange bedfellows after all.

Time for me to sign out. When it comes to hogwash, I can go on and on. Enjoy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home