Saturday, October 29, 2005

Good Times will be back!


That was the end of my trip to India. On the day of travel back to Kuwait, I felt emptiness in my stomach. The same emptiness that I used to get whenever I used to go to my boarding school in childhood after my summer or winter vacations. At that time, my mum used to tell me how strong I needed to be. She used to convince me that it was just a matter of a few days, when I would get a good start in my career and then I would get to live with her and my daddy and my younger brother and sister. The normal days when the three of us would fight tooth and nail for everything, would morph into days of reminiscences and pleasantries. My sister Ru and brother Rinku would give me their prized possessions and would do anything that I wanted. I used hate having to pack things and go. And I hated to see my mum cry. My daddy who used to be very calm and composed would tell me how to take care of myself and my belongings and how to focus on studies. I never got to see him breakdown, until one of the following years when my sister had to leave for her hostel before I did. After seeing her off, he returned home and we had a quite dinner. And in the morning I saw my mum and daddy both sitting in the garden, with tears all over and the pain of having to live without their kid writ large on their faces, both consoling each other. It was then that I realized that my father was emotionally drained seeing us off every now and then.

This time around it was my wife’s turn to pump me up. She did that to perfection. She knows what goes on in my mind and she supplements me. She knows that I count days for my trips to see her, and the days when she completes her studies and flies to be with me for ever. And I do know too how she longs for me. And the day is not far. We need to be strong as we have always been. But such overwhelming are the ideas of going away from her that I can not control myself. I can not take my eyes off her. Her going off sight makes me uncomfortable and restless. It takes a tight hug and a warm and wet kiss from her to settle me. Words become redundant. Breeze of her breathings that touch my skin on my throat, and her fingers combing though my hair, do the trick. We feel one. Our merged entities get a boost, ready to take on the course that we set for ourselves.

Back to Kuwait, I am and I know that good times will be back. I am eagerly looking forward with my eyes wide open, as you can see in the picture.

1 Comments:

At 6:50 AM, Blogger Dipesh Dipu said...

Reetu darling, love you. And I wish to make up for all these years of our lives that we have spent away, by making the best of every moment, loving you more and more, and more and more...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home