Sunday, October 09, 2005

Trip to my "Dream Home"



I was worried about the status of my house that I had booked long time ago. I had paid about 10% of the total price about a year ago. The builders had promised to hand over the apartment in the first quarter of 2006. By that yardstick, in September end of 2005, the building should have been constructed to quite an extent. But Indian Standard Time (IST)! And also Indian Builders! If only the IST could keep pace with time and if only the builders could be transparent and truthful! But since the location of the apartment is really good, we decided to wait till the time it gets completed. Now that I am away and my wife plans to join me here in Kuwait, we are not so much in a hurry.

In the picture you can see the plot, being indicated by my wife, where my dream home would be built. As of now, it’s just the gravel and sand that mark their existence. The apartment window will open to the sight of Golconda Fort, which is the remnant of the old Qutub Shahi Dynasty fort and palace. My study and the bedroom as well as one of the balconies will face the fort, and I plan to do my poetry there. The plans are well drawn out as you can sense. But, as someone said, the evidence of God’s sense of humor lies in the fact that He lets us ‘Plan’.

In the next picture, you can see my mom-in-law. She looks fairly similar to one of the popular Hindi actress Mala Sinha. She belongs to one of the royal families, as we tend to believe. But of course, she is very gracious to allow her daughters and me to invade her personal and majestic space. She is a darling, very caring and absolute fun to be with. And she is very meticulous with all her work, including her administration work and cooking. She is stunning beauty and razor sharp in wit. And the one thing which I explored during this trip is that she sings well. She has such a melody in her voice that I too broke in to singing. Mesmerizing and inspiring she is. I love her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home