Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Hyderabadi at Heart


Recently one of my friends from work returned to Kuwait. He had been to Hyderabad during his visit to India. He told me that he was fairly impressed with Hyderabad, with its beauty and weather. I remember my days there. Weather is not always as good but the place is a pack of assorted picture post cards. And I feel home due to the joints and food courts and so many other spots where I used to while away my time chatting with friends, or talking to Supriya on phone, or sometimes roaming around with her, and most of the times roaming around with Hariharan riding pillion on my Kinie.

The picture is of Charminar. It used to be synonymous to Hyderabad before HiTec city took its place. The monument was created by one of the Kings of Golconda, possibly Quli Qutub Shah, to commemorate the end of plague epidemic which took many lives. I visited the place with my parents when they came to visit me last year. I had been in Hyderabad for some four years without visiting the heart of it! We went upstairs and looked around. The City looked vast with the hillocks, rocks and, of course, homes of the millions. Wonder how people in the olden times could construct such monuments with towering heights without much mechanical aides. That takes me to thoughts about the Pyramids, which I desire to visit in near future.

Admire the beauty of the Charminar.

The photo is from one of the websites of Indian Embassies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home