Saturday, October 08, 2005

Say No to Paparazzi....



On board, I find all my friends in the Cabin Crew. My wife herself was with Indian Airlines. I didn’t have the luck to fly with her where she could be operating. It could have been great fun though, for she would have been duty bound to serve me!

Sutapa was the Cabin In-Charge. She welcomed me with a mischievous smile. I told her that if she needed any help, I was there to assist. They had just four crew members against a norm of five. So she said that she actually might need some help. I began to think what I might end up doing. May be a little bit of financial advice to the discerning passengers??!!

I tried taking snaps. Sutapa was defensive. Here you see her hand. ‘Say no to paparazzi’ was perhaps her policy. But when we reached Ahmadabad, I finally took her snap when she was busy reading SMS. Beautiful she is, indeed.

The journey was good due to the care extended by Sutapa and her team including Suruna and Lijo. I was upgraded from economy class to the business class. Sutapa pampered me a lot, and ascribed all her efforts to the fear of my wife. My wife is a cute little Leo! Hope you know what I mean! On board, I did a little work too. And I watched the crew do their in-flight chores. Unlike the passengers, the crew suffers more of jetlag and exhaustion as they have to be up and running when we sleep our time passing through the time zones. Hard work also gets compounded by demanding and value-conscious travelers. But it was nice watching these girls and the guys, who otherwise are very bubbly and full of energy, doing things in a disciplined manner, ensuring our safety and comfort.

Thumbs up for Indian Airlines! And thumbs up for Sutapa too. Is her boss listening? ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home