Sunday, October 16, 2005

Cup of Coffee



On my trip to India, my wife and I went to Cafe Coffee Day. This was the place where we had met first time to consider our lives together. We had met just once before that, on the roads, where she was passing by along with two of her friends and bumped into Hariharan and I. After a series of mails and a lot of time on yahoo messenger, I proposed to her. And then, we met for the second time after a gap of about two months, in the Cafe to give ourselves serious consideration. I don't remember what I talked. But I do remember touching her index finger nail, and saying that I strongly felt that we had our future together.

We went to the Cafe, after about four years, to re-live those moments. We sat at the same spot. The sense of having been through a full grind sent chill through my spine.

Here I reproduce the first mail that I had written to her. Everything very ordinary it has. Except may be the warmth of the beginning of a strong relationship.

There are some references to some of the happening of that time. Consider the intent and disregard such references.

"
Hi,

Happy new year!!! Got your greeting and hope you received my reply at the other mail-id of yours. We missed you that day by a whisker as our class was over soon after you two left. Doesn't matter much, though, as I believe you are through your IBSAT, and are to come here for your interview.

Wanna know about how should you go about it? You can send me your specific querries, I'll reply as promptly as I can. Else you can call me up at 6631496 after 7pm any day.

I know you couldn't take your XAT for their tech-fall-out. Keep preparing, hope you get much better things in your life!!!!! Best of luck for the same.

Keep mailing,

Dipu
"
Friday, 11th January, 2002

Now do you know what impresses girls? I still don't.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home