Wednesday, February 01, 2006

A Tale of Revenges


So Kunal is here, finally. We had a long and deep sigh of relief. This guy was made an offer of employment in November and we had expected his arrival in Kuwait in the first week of January. But one or other event prevented his joining our team on schedule. It seems that he desired to change the political scenario of the whole Middle East before he set his foot in. First the King of Saudi Arabia, then the Prime Minister of Dubai and then the Prince of Bahrain and finally the Emir of Kuwait, all of them perished in a sequence. Now we suspect that they preferred to end their lives before they could see this fellow in their heartland. The very thought of Kunal being so near to them could have led them to their ends. Finally, for our relief, the death trail seems to have broken and people are back to their offices to process visa applications. And the Terminator is here.

Yesterday we sat in the office chatting about work and life. Hussain demanded a treat from Kunal and me for the reason that two of us are working together now. Kunal had his witty answer for that. He said that since I wanted to take revenge on him, I got him here and since he wanted to take revenge on me he came here! So, no treat. Good answer. I told this to my wife. Supriya burst in to laughter and said that it was for the same reason that she married me!

That apart, I hope Kunal likes the place and enjoys his stint here. For me, good friend that he is, I am sure my days here will be better with him around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home