Friday, September 12, 2008

Being on the other side of the fence


One of my colleagues has quit the Firm and is leaving this Friday to pursue his family business. This follows after another one of my colleagues left for another company last week. He was with us for about two and half years and had been in Hyderabad when I had joined. There is hardly anything that I could do to prevent their departures, apart from taking a pursuasive approach to retain them. Well, I plan to write the professional side of the story on my other blog, named as my consulting days, but here I would dwelve upon how it feels to bid farewell.

Not too many days ago, I was with another firm, after having worked with another firm, which I had changed having worked for yet another firm. So, I have been bid farewells, and most times these functions were celebrations for me since I was chasing my dreams of better work environment, better work content, better compensation and several other things. But here I have been blessed with the best I could demand from life. A job that merges the strengths of my education in engineering as well as finance, an extremely supportive boss, good clients, and friendly people to work with, I have it all. Sometimes, the administrative support is found wanting and life can be hectic with frantic travel schedule, but it clearly is a case of bunch of roses with a just a few thorns. But whether to count roses or the thorns is entirely my own prerogative.

Now, I am already missing some of my colleagues here. It is sad that we have to go our own ways as we get calling by our dreams and aspirations. I remember having spent lot of fun times together, lot of thought-provoking analysis done together, lot of pizzas eaten together and lot of casual chats engaged together too. We don't have them anymore, at least not in the same way as we did then. So, the parting ways is not really temporary as we tend to believe at the farewell. It is permanent and hence, of course, not very pleasing.

But then, is not life like that always? Nothing remains with anyone other than oneself and the scars picked on the rugged paths of life. Unless, of course, we meet our Creator on the way and recognize Him as our constant companion. Hence, true happyness lies in befriending Him.

(Picture is that of one of our picnics this year.)

3 Comments:

At 9:51 PM, Blogger Praveen Kandanala said...

Hi dipesh,
quite true that departing time is always a painful process.
I saw tht happening in engineering, b-school and school. But then life gives you chances to meet new faces, to make sure that others dont get bored looking at the same guy all the time.
Nice to read your blog, hope you will keep blogging so that we can keep ourselves busy during the office hours ;).

 
At 4:11 AM, Blogger Dilip said...

"Don't be dismayed by good-byes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again. And meeting again, after moments or lifetimes, is certain for those who are friends"

-Richard Bach

I was the last one in college to leave for home though my home town was nearer when compared to most of my batchmates, everyday, during our last days of college, we went to say "bye and we would meet again". On 1st day after semester there were around 100 fellow mates at station waving hands to frnds in train. Every one looked at us. Initially it was fun but on 5th night I realized the pain of saying bye as I had to drop my last frnd from campus at station.

But such is life and I agree to the words of Richard Bach.

Nice to read your blog anyway. :)..keep blogging

 
At 6:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dipesh,

Is it true that i can get money from missionaries if i convert to Christianity.I am bankrupt and need money urgently.I am told these missionaries are cash rich and give money to those who convert.
Please help me in solving my financial problem.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home