Sunday, August 31, 2008

How cold is cold?




I was going through some of my old pictures and saw this one. It may not be politically correct for me to upload this on the blog, but I just cannot stop myself. More because this photograph always brings a wide smile on my face and forces my wify to run for cover. She has lived all her life in the warm, rather very warm, Hyderabad and this was the first time we had been to the Himalayan peak, fully covered with snow. We had expected that to be cold when we started from Manali to Rohtang Pass, but hadn't quite got our estimate right. How cold the cold could be? Although our guide had stopped by a road-side warm cloth rental shop and strongly advised us to rent boots and overcoats. We had never in our lives put on such extreme weather clothes but we heeded to his advice. Once we reached the peak, we got out of the warm car to sub-zero temperature. I have been to Nepal, UK and USA during winter seasons, and could manage even though I was ill-prepared for this exposure. Supriya couldn't take it and was in the condition of shock for sometime, which is when I took this picture.

The other picture was taken at the same spot when Supriya had kind of recovered!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home