Wednesday, April 02, 2008

IIM Calcutta in my blood


So, finally, by God's grace, and by that alone, I got IIMC stamp on my passport. Well, it is not a visa to anywhere as I am not sure if it is indeed going to give my career any push from where I am already. But I did want to have this association with one of the best known brands in the country. It started last year when I realized, albeit wrongly, that I needed to substantiate my stakes to higher staircases through a degree and took a plunge. The course proved to be fruitful for the opportunities it provided for discussions with other participants about their business experiences, which at times were more engaging than the true course content. We were all with more than our shares of legacies and strongholds, and had extremely varied reasons to check into this course. But our diverse backgrounds and equally diverse motivations in life proved to be the real teacher. Many of us realized that money was never a good master to serve. On the lighter side, we also realized that bosses serve as the biggest determinant of our career options.
The campus was good, although hot and humid weather made some of its charm wither away. I particularly liked sitting by one of the seven lakes late in the night with friends talking. I also liked the campus ambiance and began to see some reasons in philosophies that I had always considered abstract. Our professors were good in their own respects and were successful in fanning curiosity in several elements of business, which until they taught, appeared more like course requirements to pass the tests!

I will cherish those days at campus. Short and sweet it was, just good enough to cause me to long to go back, and just rich enough to make me feel full and grown. IIMC has infused some cool blood my veins.

1 Comments:

At 5:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home